Thursday, December 4, 2008

Bad Mama

Well baby we went to Boston yesterday. We stopped in Salt Lake and you were a champ the whole day. You slept and didn't cry even when you were surrounded by screaming babies. It may be because of your concussion. You see..... We were chosen to be searched at LAX. I wanted to laugh when they patted you down. After it was over I went to put on the baby bjorn to carry you around so I set you on a chair thinking, "she doesn't roll yet. It'll be fine for a minute" and of course, you rolled right off and hit the crown of your head on the rubber mat below us and started crying. I think you were mostly scared but I felt terrible. It is the first time I've ever dropped you or you've fallen so I just started crying, in front of everyone. Someone wheeled my bag for me all the way onto the plane and others consoled me. One woman said, "Be strong. Keep it together". It wasn't until I got to Salt Lake that I noticed I still had big mascara smears on my face. I looked like a sleep deprived racoon. You on the other hand were fine after about 5 minutes. I pushed on the little red mark on your head and you didn't even wince. You have tiny little red ridge marks (mat burn) on your right temple but are otherwise fine. I, on the other hand feel like an crazy overreaccting mother. I guess it's okay. You won't be embarrassed of me for a few more years.

1 comment:

ms said...

You are so cute, Sue. I got your message from facebook, I haven't taken any pictures of the nursery yet - it isn't anything worth photographing at the moment.. we ran out of the paint we were using, so we'll have to buy more and when it's finished, I'll email you some pictures. I hope it all comes together.