Tuesday, December 23, 2008

Sedona AZ










Uncle Sam begged your dad to go to Sedona with him, and in turn, your dad begged me to go with them. So, it was sold to me as a little weekend trip to Arizona. I find out later that Sam's stepmother had a recent knee replacement and will be trying to recover while we're there, and that we will not be leaving LA until around 8pm so Quay will be driving all night (I have never been someone who could sleep in the car). We made it to the house around 3:30am and try to sleep. You wake up all congested and we later learn that Suzie had a fever just the day before the trip. I am hoping yours is just a little allergy to the dust or the dry heat from the furnace or the 5 res(reservation) dogs and 2 cats living in the house. No such luck. It is almost a week since we went and you are still not yourself. Runny nose and tired and fussy. It is not the souvenir I was looking for.




Anyway, we made the best of it. Like everytime we hangout with Sam and Suz we ate and ate and ate and ate. It was cold but we went to Montezuma's Castle and Tizigoot and to the Trading Post to buy some Navajo souvenirs. The boys did some shooting and we went to Slide Rock where everyone swims in the summer. It was goregeous. Sam's parents house is beautiful and since his stepmom is an artist (sculpting mostly) and his dad an aspiring artist the house is full of beautiful sculptures and paintings. The scenery is gorgeous (I can't believe I'd never been) and the town charming, although getting starbucksized. You charmed everyone, like always, and layed the foundation for future trips. I just hope we can do some hiking and horsebackriding next time.

1 comment:

Dava said...

I'm loving the captions of your pictures....I save some and they show up! Darling little family! I'm missing you! xoxo