Sunday, November 2, 2008

Everyone loves a Hobo


Why is it that everyone loves a hobo? The appeal is of being a Hobo for Halloween is universal. You get to be messy and smelly, you get to have a cigar in your mouth and you don't get into trouble for it, you don't have to wear shoes outside, and you get candy for it.
Because your mom was the originator of the hobo-chic world view, atleast in our family, it was a given that you would be a hobo for your first Halloween. You are a wolverine, yes, but first and foremost a Hobobaby. The OG Hobobaby. I had so much fun making your costume and shamelessly used you to get candy from strangers. Hours of labor entitles me to this liberty. Also, since you were just over 2 months old it was an opportunity to share you with the neighbors and aquaintences we don't see very often. People went crazy for you with your buck toothed pacifier cigar combo and your bindle full of baby toys and mini booze bottles. It was so much fun I can't wait till next year.

2 comments:

dls said...

that bixit is awe-shum.

Lauren Wayne said...

Oh, my gosh, I'm so jealous. What an adorable hobo baby. I was totally on board to dress my guy as a hobo this year, complete with can o' beans, but we had a Superman shirt, and it just ended up being easier to pin a red shirt on him as a fake-o cape. Because we hobos are nothing if not lazy.

This picture made up for my disappointment, though, because now I get to enjoy such insane cuteness vicariously.